My goal is to create equine sculptures that intrigue and delight horse lovers the world over.
Lynn’s life beyond horses includes a previous career in marketing which put to good use the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration she earned at Arizona State University, as does more than 20 years as an entrepreneur.
Art Related Education
- 2012 Human Anatomy for Artists, Scottsdale Artists School, Scottsdale, AZ, Simon Kogan instructor
- 2009 Sculpting with Gesture; 10-day course, Archie Bray Foundation for the Ceramic Arts, Helena, MT, Beth Cavener Stichter and Tip Toland, instructors
- 2002 Equine Anatomy, Five-day lecture and Dissection course, Academy of Equine Dentistry, Glenn’s Ferry, ID, Deb Bennett PhD instructor
- 2001 Sculpting the Dog, Loveland Academy of Fine Art, Loveland, CO, Joy Beckner instructor
- 1998 Drawing and Color Theory; Boise Art Museum, on-going courses, Boise, ID
- 1996 Equine anatomy and Perjustice Training clinic, Caldwell, ID, Deb Bennett PhD instructor
- 1995 Five-day workshop, Scottsdale Artists’ School, Scottsdale, AZ, Sam Savitt, instuctor
- 1994 EquikenTM, 40-hour Horse Anatomy Course, Santa Fe, NM, Zahourek Institute
- 1994 Three-day Equine Sculpture Workshop, Loveland Academy of Fine Arts, Loveland, CO Cammie Lundeen instructor
- 1993 Five-day Equine Sculpture Workshop, Fechen Institute, Taos, NM, Veryl Goodnight instructor
Artist in Residence
- October, 2013 City of Boise/BODO
- February, 2013 Opening Doors exhibit, Boise State University, Boise, ID
- September, 2012 American Academy of Equine Art Fall Juried Exhibit, Georgetown, KY
- January, 2012 Tin-stallation exhibit, Art Source Galley, Boise, ID
- September, 2011 BOSCO exhibit, Art Source Gallery, Boise, ID
- September, 2011 American Academy of Equine Art Fall Juried Exhibit, Georgetown, KY, Awarded the Leonard J Meiselman medal for sculpture
- September, 2011 BOSCO Preview Night, Boise Art Museum, Boise, ID
- 2009 and 2010 More Than A Pretty Face, Boise Art Museum, Boise, ID
- November, 1998 Boise Art Museum Beaux Arts for Christmas sale, annual juried sale
- August, 1998 “Small Wonders”, juried exhibit, the Art Center at Fuller Lodge, Los Alamos, NM
- November, 1997 Boise Art Museum Beaux Arts for Christmas, annual juried show and sale
- July, 1997 North American Model Horse Showers’ Association 1997 Nationals: work earned seven National Championships, four Reserve National Championships.
- December, 1996 The White House, Blue Room Christmas Tree, created theme ornament on behalf of Ballet Idaho.
- July, 1996 North American Model Horse Showers’ Association 1996 Nationals: work earned two National Championships, seven Reserve National Championships.
- January, 1996 “The Spirit of EQUUS”, Juried show of equine art, sponsored by the Georgia Dressage and Combined Training Association, Atlanta, GA.
- September, 1995 Juried Professional Fine Arts Exhibit of the New Mexico State Fair, Albuquerque, NM, Honorable Mention, Open Sculpture Division.
- September, 1995 Los Alamos Artists Studio Tour; juried membership in a cooperative of professional artists who open their studios to the public for a weekend event.
- July, 1995 North American Model Horse Showers’ Association 1995 Nationals: work earned five National Championships, six Reserve National Championships and ten National Top Ten Awards.
- January, 1995 “The Spirit of EQUUS”, Juried show of equine art, sponsored by the Georgia Dressage and Combined Training Association, Atlanta, GA Awarded Second Place in the Open Sculpture Division.
- April, 1993 “Of Life’s Beauty” Invitational show, Fuller Lodge Art Center, Los Alamos, NM
2009 – 2013 juried member of the Boise Open Studios Collective (BOSCO),
annual public studio tour